Rebecca C. Brightman MD, FACOG
Dr Brightman has been in private practice in New York City since 1990. Her particular areas of interest include contraception, pre-pregnancy counseling, both low and high risk obstetrics and management of perimenopause/menopause.
Dr. Brightman is on the medical advisory board of Women’s Day Magazine and her advice has appeared in other popular magazines for women. She has discussed women’s health issues on NBC’s The Today Show, CBS’s The Morning Show, CBS Evening News, Fox’s Morning Show, ABC’s World News Tonight, and CBS NewsRadio.
Dr. Brightman is married to an ophthalmologist and has two sons. She is a member of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine Alumni Association.
- Certification-American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ABOG), 1992
- Recertification-ABOG, 2002
- Recertification-ABOG, 2011
- National Board of Medical Examiners-1987
- Mt. Sinai Medical Center, ATTENDING, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science
- Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science
- Residency and Chief Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology-Mt. Sinai Medical Center, NY. 1986–90
- M.D.-Mt. Sinai School of Medicine 1986
- B.A., magna cum laude-University of Pennsylvania 1982
- Fellow-American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), 1993
- Mt. Sinai School of Medicine Alumni Association
- University of Pennsylvania Alumni Association